Thursday, January 24, 2008

Why iTunes is the DEVIL

The new fancy thing for my iPhone is you can download certain songs on iTunes that can be magically transformed into ringtones. The way you know a certain song is eligible for said transformation is a lovely bell icon next to the song.

So here goes:
I find a Yo La Tengo song that I love - it has the bell icon next to it
I pay for the download
Then I go to pay for the ringtone (oh yes you have to pay double for the song and for the ringtone) and I keep getting this error message saying "This song can no longer be created as a ringtone"...wait a TIC what the F does that mean? No longer? When was it previously?

So I call iPhone - they explain to me the process of opening iTunes (duh), then the process of downloading a song (gee I MIGHT know how to do this considering I own an iPhone with purchased songs on it) and then how to right-click on it to create a ringtone (by now I have lost my patience).
After he puts me on hold for oh 20 minutes the brilliance starts...Apple Man tells me this is NOT an Apple issue but in fact an iTunes issue.
iTunes by the way has NO phone number to call - its like getting the number for the vatican it just doesn't exist...
So I have now had 6 email conversations with iTunes in which they have also explained how to download a song, create a ringtone, read some articles and do everything but actually READ and respond to my issue.
My next step - to the discussion threads (as you can tell I really want this song and "Rock with you" by MJ on my ringtones dammit) and I find out that other peeps have experienced this and there is NO ONE from iTunes offering a solution. They once again reference some dumbass articles and FAQs that are just insulting to anyone under the age of 30 that has used a computer more than once.
My patience is running thin - but oh wait they gave me a 5 song credit now I just hope I don't want to create ringtones out of them.

P.S. I have created ringtones successfully before and they are on my phone so I know its not me or my laptop...
So now iTunes is on my shit list and they are the DEVIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment