Wednesday, January 30, 2008

iTunes follow-up

Here are some real excerpts from an email I received from Ollin the Itunes Tool
(Me thinks he is 50 and trying to appeal to a younger crowd)

"...It means if you purchase either of the other 2 versions, you wouldn't get a ringtone out of it even if you were Glinda, the Good Witch of the North. That makes sense, right?"
(The Wizard of Oz....really?)

"you stated that the Yo La Tengo (great band) song was your only problem"
(he added the "great band" b/c that was necessary...right? right?)

"If that doesn't work, pick the other one and try that. If that doesn't work, at least we know we've eliminated the most obvious reasons. You with me so far?"
(Yeah I'm 'wit 'chu - or wait that was Steve Martin in My Blue Heaven)

"If I knew that, I'd be an engineer. That's their job to fix those things. It's our job to support them and the customer when those technical things don't work like they should. And this happens with everything technical, every day, all day. You want my job? It's anything but easy. We have to supply technical answers to customers without the benefit of technical training. Hey, it's a living."
(So wait its the job of an engineer to FIX the problems that iTunes has "every day all day" but iTunes doesn't really consult these engineers on staff and so these reps are to address the problems in a technical manner without any real technical training?? Sounds pretty easy to me to BS for a living...maybe I should ask him for his job)

And the finale
"By the way, I'm on your side. So is Christie. We're just trying to help."

Whew for a second there I thought they were out to get me. Thank god we got THAT cleared up and out of the way. Thanks guys so much for the love and attention.

P.S. Situation has been resolved with 5 free song credits...yeah that was SO worth it - basically they gave me something to shut me up and stop me from bringing to light a major glitch in iTunes software that has affected a few other people but obviously doesn't garner any REAL actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment