Friday, September 7, 2007

More FREE Stuff

Today I got a nice gift certificate from Safeway for buying Half and Half that continually spoils on me. What's the big deal you ask?
Picture this:

8:00 am - the dogs are circling like blood-hungry sharks at my feet
I stumble around them to the coffee pot that is full of fresh-brewed Dunkin' Donuts crack (I mean coffee)
Pour my coffee into my mug
Add 3 spoons of sugar...yum
That was the sweet now for the light
Reach into the fridge that already has that weird stench back (where does it keep coming from?!) and pour freshly bought half and half into steaming coffee
WHAT THE F?? Why are there chunks floating in my coffee?? DAMMIT
Turn to the pot to realize that we only make enough for 2 to-go cups and it is now 8:15 and I have to chase Pugsley around the house in attempt to get to work on time. Fat chance.

So now my day is ruined...I go next door to Whole Foods in search of coffee to find they only have one size of cups for their in-store coffee and they are entirely too small to quench my crack thirst.

See there...half and half bought at Safeway = ruined day

So I will be going next shopping trip and speaking to Steve the Ass. Manager and get my gift card dammit!

1 comment:

  1. At least you can use the Safeway Gift Card...My CREST PRO WHITENING SPIN BRUSH exploded while I was using it, spewing a rusty water/ battery acid combo all over me and my bathroom. And how did the good folks at CHURCH & DWIGHT compensate me you might ask...with a coupon for a free toothbrush! Yeah, right- like I want to run right out and replace my exploding toothbrush with exactly the same item? Would it have killed them to send me a refund?

    ReplyDelete