Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Big Redneck Wedding

It's not often that my dad tells me to watch a show but last week he invited me to experience the world of Redneck Weddings.
OOHHHH boy the first 5 minutes had me hooked. (Note: big shocker this is on CMT but I would have to put it on Comedy Central)
Some highlights include:

A fringed wedding dress complete with the comment "It looks like a designer fashion dress" complete with matching "cowgirl" fringed hat
The bachelor party in a garage complete with fried turkey balls (ewwww) and cans of Budweiser
The groom went "shopping" for his soon-to-be wife's wedding present by dumpster diving? His companion even asked why didn't he look in a store for the present, great question. But he found such treasures as a plastic horse and some sort of unclaimed trash-treasure.
Also, the groom picked out his own pig, no not as a pet pig but what they would be eating at the wedding...it's not often that you get to choose your food as its still alive. Yum.

I highly recommend this show for the sheer audacity of these people for first getting married and trying to do it sincerely with such lack of taste its a chuckle-a-minute!
More information is always available at:
http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/my-big-redneck-wedding/series.jhtml

1 comment:

  1. I guess you missed the mattress surfing one and there was the one where the bride tried to squeeze into a size 8 dress instead of the size 28 she ordered. HAHA

    ReplyDelete