Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ladies and Gentlemen - May I introduce someone

Since I haven't shared my blog with many a co-worker my devoted readers (my mom and sisters) don't know about "the Potato".
As I am full of the wit I have cleverly nicknamed a very squat, squishy, pale co-worker, The Potato. This is an older woman in our department who for the lack of better words is just DENSE. Her bespectaled eyes dim behind thick, dirty smuged lenses, her lipstick is never properly applied and she spends the majority of her time printing out every SINGLE email she receives. The Green Enforcer inside me wants to tell her the amount of trees she is killing with each push of the PRINT button but alas every conversation leaves me puzzled by her mere presence and feeling that I just lost a few key brain cells.
So the story begins with our dress-down casual winter wear. As you recall from past posts things got out of hand here with some versions of "casual wear" some which included full velour track suits. She was the culprit.
We have gone back to our business-casual and I thought causal was back UNTIL Friday rolled around. Fridays are our dress-down primarily jeans wearing days. But oh no no my fellow fashionistas - the Potato did NOT think so. Every subsequent Friday since the SAME EXACT velour jumpsuit has made its appearance. When I say every Friday you better believe it is - so much in fact that wagers have been made further predicting sightings of said suit. But to call it a suit is not "suitable" as I pun - but rather better what does a Potato wear? Pandy my associate brilliantly came up with "the Potato is in her sack" and PRESTO a ritual was born.
For the past few weeks the sack has made its ever faithful appearance and it is certain to brighten anyones dreary Friday morn.
I will attempt to photograph this mystical spud but am not promising anything.

1 comment:

  1. hahahaha, I wish my office was that entertaining

    ReplyDelete