Sunday, November 1, 2009

Julie & Julia

I am almost done with reading this book, I am hooked. It is hard to put down, even though I know the entire story from seeing the movie I still enjoy the writing.
I will say that the book is making me really want to cook. I went to bed last night thinking about the thawed-out chicken in my fridge but also the beef stew beef that I bought yesterday at the store and how I want to make beef stew. The fact that the chicken has been sitting undefrosted in the fridge for going on 3 days is what's setting me off, I need to cook it - today.
I've also been thinking about making truffles from the Sarah McLachlan cookbook, Plenty. They are actually really easy to make, it's just chocolate and milk. But I am a newlywed and still trying to lose that honeymoon weight, so truffles probably aren't the best way of achieving this.
SIGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment