Sunday, November 1, 2009

Dunkin Donuts coffee - secret "coupon"


I love Dunkin' Donuts coffee more than any other coffee in the states. On my recent trip to Mykonos, Greece I did fall in love with Greek coffee, but once I left the island the "main-land" version of Greek coffee fell way short of what I was accustomed to and I chalked it up to the hotel, the water, and well the love-of-the-Greek that kepy that great tasting coffee safe in the hands of the staff of the Mykonos Grand. But I digress...
Dunkin' Donuts coffee is so great that we buy it in pound bags and brew it at home. Once you've had it you will never be able to artfully master drinking Maxwell House without a look of total disdain. But here is my secret, in the stores they sell 1 pound of coffee for $10. And while it may go on sale for $8.99 or so a pound, NOTHING will beat the deal in the store.
I have heard that not every store "participates" in this deal but the few stores by me have a deal where you buy 1 get another for $12.99 total. So that equals 2 pounds of coffee for $12.99. I have been to stores (but not too recently) that told me they don't participate in this deal and I have promptly walked out. So if you are on the quest for the liquid crack I called Dunkin D Bags coffee - the surprising twist is that it is cheaper at the actual store, now who would've thought?!
Keep this in mind next time you take the turn down that aisle in the grocery store that smells like the Columbians have peed brown liquid coffee gold all over the floor and haul your cookies to the closest Dunkin' Donuts.

Note: I did check their store online because someone left a comment that they don't have a DD store by them and unfortunately they don't give you the discount online but it's still cheaper than buying it in a store.  

1 comment:

  1. OMG You are RIGHT on. Once you go for Duncan D Liquid Crack...you never go back.....LOVE IT.
    Unfortunately the nearest Dunkin Donut store is an hour away from me.

    ReplyDelete