Monday, November 9, 2009

Away We Go


The description of this movie pulled right from IMDB is:
A couple who is expecting their first child travel around the U.S. in order to find a perfect place to start their family. Along the way, they have misadventures and find fresh connections with an assortment of relatives and old friends who just might help them discover "home" on their own terms for the first time.

I really enjoyed this movie.  It was refreshlingly honest and for once in the longest time it was a movie that A. Wasn't shot in NJ or NY B. showed people who weren't really rich C. showed in my idea "real life" - case in point Verona gets fat as pregnant women should.  Amen.

Yes, some of the characters such as Burt's (played by John Krasinski) "cousin" LN (played by Maggie Gyllenhaal) might have been a bit far-fetched, but who am I to say?  There might be people out there who don't want strollers and let all their kids sleep in the bed with them.  But they visit friends and family in different areas, including Canada to find the right home for their baby on the way. 

I laughed a lot too, one point I remember really well is poor Verona is only 6 months pregnant and the people at the airport don't believe her because she's so big and they refuse to let her fly and they have to take the train instead.  But at the end of the movie I sat back and felt satisfied to the point that I felt I had a hand in making the movie as I do when I force my husband to watch something i know he would NEVER on his own.  It was as he calls it "one of your 'plot' movies" that focused on character-building and not blowing up buildings.  AHHHHH, nice and comforting.  So my recommendation - add it to your queue and you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment