Monday, November 2, 2009

Changing my last name

When you get married and if you're like me you want to change your last name.  I started with the typical places - DMV, credit cards, the bank and Social Security. I've called all the credit card companies, sent a fax to the mortgage company, waited on a pretty short line at the DMV but nothing has prepared me for the other 1,000 places I have my name and email address on file.  Every website I login to requires either my email address or username.  And like most people I used my first initial and last name for my username or my email address.  I decided recently to change my gmail address from my firstname, old last name to my now firstnamemarriedlastname.  So just today my issue was transferring the ownership of this blog to my new email address and somehow I hope that my old gmail keeps forwarding to my new email address.  All this new-age name changing business really sucks when you think about how many places your maiden name really is.  SIGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment