Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Whooping it up in Malvern

Jason had paint school this week in lovely, historical Malvern, PA. I had never heard of this town before and agreed to come with him for this excursion. The trip started horribly - traffic all over 95 and I couldn't talk him into taking one of my many detour ideas. I HATE sitting in traffic and even when I'm alone I grab a map or my phone and start looking for alternate routes but sadly I was forced to inch along...pointless traffic.
But once we got to the hotel things were ok we checked in and started to settle in to our 2-room suite for the week. I had read on Jason's paperwork that he was going to be assigned a roommate which he told me that no I was his roommate instead...
We showered, ordered some food and were settling down for a nice evening with a movie when someone was trying to break in our room! Since I was in my PJ's I wasn't moving - Jason told the potential perp that they had the wrong room. The guy responded no he was here for paint school and was our roommate. What?!
So Jason opens the door and in walks this dude with (I'm not kidding) a Mohawk and tattoos all over his arms and face and neck and ewww...
So long story short we kicked him out to his own room - sorry guy, nothing personal but I don't do the Mohawk-type roommate thing - and also who the F gets a roommate after they graduate college?

Day 1 - Met Sissy for day of shopping and took a nice break and had lunch at my fave PA restaurant Chickie & Pete's! I haven't been in soo long and it was just as delicious as I remember it to be. We had of course crab fries, littleneck steamers, crab cakes and hot shrimp. Top it off with a draft beer and I was in HEAVEN. Yum.

And I took some pictures of this incredible lunching experience.
































No comments:

Post a Comment