Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Day 3 - the last day

We went to bed late so getting up this AM was a bit rough. Breakfast sucked - the eggs were crunchy and the bacon is only served on Monday's I guess. The hashbrowns weren't patties but instead curiously formed hash-sticks. Not a big fan. So I had a muffin - ick.
I chose to go back to bed for "a nap". I woke up at 12 finally - oops. I guess I won't be visiting the Longwood Gardens while I am here - which I was really looking forward to.
So I went off in search for substance. I turned out of the hotel and there 1 block away was Friendly's. Now I know it is nothing compared to what I had last night but I haven't eaten at a Friendly's in about 10 years - not kidding. I spent many an hour folding silverware and generally B.S.'ing with any of my friends who were employed there in high school.
So I ate in a little booth with my good friend, Kurt Vonnegut and had lunch and then topped it off with another item that reminds me of my adolescence - watermelon sherbet. Wow. I had forgotten how much I love that stuff. Seriously, it is still very easy to make me happy.
So now I am slowing waking up, I reheated my DD coffee and am in the process of packing up this room which is a glorified mess. There is stuff EVERYWHERE - mostly my fault but whatever.
Hopefully the ride home won't be half as bad as the ride up here. If it is I'm going to dip into Jason's birthday present from Sissy (a case of Coronitas) and make myself a little bit of happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment