Monday, November 19, 2007

Saw IV

I have been a HUGE fan of the Saw movies - I'm not sure why considering I spend half the time gagging and covering my eyes but in this day in age it is hard to elicit a reaction, any reaction out of people so that must be what my fascination is. So after being completely horrified, puke-bound from all other Saw's I was too excited to see this one. I even dragged Jason to the movies...yes you heard/read me right, we WENT to a movie!
Here's the run-down:
We got there oh 35 minutes early and thankfully Regal Cinemas now plays extended "preview previews" that were pretty good instead of the dancing candy that makes me wish I brought a slingshot with me...
After settling down with a big Coke and Gummy Bears (because the dinner from PF Chang's complete with appetizers, entrees AND dessert wasn't enough) we prepared to get scared
I did cover my eyes a few times but it was mostly the SOUNDS of the autopsy that got to me...ick flesh being pulled from the brain and the skull being sawed apart...gross you out yet???
All in all it was kind of a prequel of Jigsaw, we got to see why he is the way he is...I didn't really get it, I mean lots of people have tragedies and get in car accidents and don't start fashioning torture devices, or do they? Did I miss some post-accident class from Allstate that tells you how to effectively handle the after-math by torturing your fellow drug-addict? Hmmm...
So for once I think it would have been a better use of our $20 to get 3 bootleg movies and watch this mess of a movie at home then to waste the $ and time in a theater.
We should have seen The Darjeeling Limited like I wanted to. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment