Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Rock Band...kicks ass

Or kicks your ass - depending on how old you are
We recently added Rock Band to our ever expanding investment Nintendo Wii
I was totally jazzed to see kick ass songs from everyone from Hole, to the Rolling Stones, the Killers, The Ramones, Beastie Boys, Radiohead on and on.
So we set up shop and I started to play guitar since I was convinced I must be half good since I almost beat Guitar Hero (yes it was on the Easy setting but whatever). As I am trying to play I notice that this guitar is a bit different...the keys are a bit harder to push and I wasn't doing very well at all. Poo.
So I went on to the drums which I wasn't too bad at actually considering Jason isn't very musically inclined which somehow translates to a video game? So while he was singing I was jamming out...we had fun. But the thing that sucks is the further you get in the game the crappier the songs get.
But a few weeks ago I had my nieces stay with me for a weekend and Maddy, Kenzie and their friend, Maggie rocked the casbah!
I let them just go at it jumping in every once in awhile to sing a song that I knew and HAD to sing but for the most part we all just sat in wonderment while they beat song after song scoring 90% and up. I will say though I did get 100% on a song, I think it was Hole Celebrity Skin...too much fun.
We are in the process of packing to move and I made Jason keep the Wii and the Rock Band stuff out because the girls are coming later this month and I want to be amused for an entire night again watching them make it look too easy.
I think its old age that prevents me from being a Wii Rock Star...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment