Thursday, August 7, 2008

Coffee I missed you

Only by doctors orders I quit drinking coffee and eating dairy for 1 week. The first day last Friday was HELL. I woke up with the most splitting mind slicing migraine that did not go away for one second until I went to bed that night. I had to leave work early because I could not look at a computer screen for 1 more minute.
I didn't think it was going to be so hard once I got over the initial shock of caffeine withdrawal but not eating dairy was more upsetting. Every food that I love has some form of dairy in it and others I just wasn't sure of. I even had to call my mom and ask random questions like "is egg salad considered dairy? Is the lactaid milk dairy? What about decaf tea, does that have caffeine?" I found out that decaf and caffeine free are very different things.
I did cheat a bit and had chocolate that first day in hopes that the caffeine would take some of my headache away - it really didn't. But last night I had a cheeseburger and good god it was splendid. This morning marked my 1 week and I did give a seconds' pause to consider if I should start drinking coffee again since I had successfully kicked my habit - but once I smelled that Dunkin Donuts brewing it was all over.
And today for lunch I had pizza....mmmmmmmm.....cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment