Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Landlord = Dragon Lady

The closing on our first home is later this month. As we are in the middle of a 1-year lease we had to get out of it so we could move and not pay a mortgage and rent - no thanks.
So somehow our services were offered to list the townhouse and find new tenants...always a fun chore. The people that frequent Craigslist are the WORST people that I have ever interacted with. Mind you the ones that have come to see our place haven't been bad but the other ones - good god.
I have been asked a plethora of stupid ass questions and after millions of emails back and forth people all of a sudden decide they just don't want to come or as a lovely person did on Monday and just not show. Mind you it's not that big of a deal for most people but when you have 2 of the worlds highest shedding dogs its an ordeal to get the house clean on a nightly basis.
Also, since we went to New Orleans one or both of the dogs has the WORST gas and about 30 minutes before anyone comes over we have to put them outside to fumigate the house or it smells like eggs and egg farts...sooooo gross
So the job of listing and interviewing agent has been a pill and hopefully something I will never have to deal with again.
Or it could be like last night when I was a good 25 minutes into making dinner and just about to mash the potatoes and a group of 3 kids come walking up to the door. I was thinking it was some more campaigners since they have been coming around frequently and I answered the door with the always pleasant Jersey-style "yeah?"
I'm surprised they didn't go running for the hills...at least Deuce didn't try to attack them that probably would have set them off.
After getting over the initial shock of forgetting something (which I never do, I spend almost $50 every December on a very nice planner just for things like this) I let them into the house which was not up to my standard showing appearance.
So all in all I don't think that one went too well - damn me and my distrust of random people!
So I will keep waiting...

Oh here's a good one I just got - Unfortunately, I am looking for something that's a little more updated. I wish you luck in finding the right tenant, though!

To which I responded:
Just an FYI - I would suggest looking outside the Village area since all the townhouses were built in the 1940's and some are renovated like ours is but nothing is up-to-date as you are looking for.

I just love stupid ass people who don't research the area that they're looking in and expect new houses...durrrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment