Thursday, June 26, 2008

Chi Town

I spent the last few days in Chicago and I loved it. I was in Evanston, IL a few years ago visiting my dear friend, Josh while he was at Northwestern. We didn't spend any time in Chicago since we were too busy packing him up to drive halfway cross the country. But this time we saw where the Cubbies play, the great skyline, the fountain that is in the beginning credits of Married...with Children (dammit now I have that song in my head...Love and marriage, love and marriage, its an institute you can't disparage...). We had traditional Chicago pizza, if you haven't had it Chicago pizza is about 2-inches thick and sooo filling! It starts with dough, sauce, cheese, more dough and more sauce on top!
We went to a crazy German bar right down the street from Wrigley and somehow I never knew that the Cubs have their own song! Everyone in the bar knew all the words and they sing it as loudly as they can whenever the Cubs win a game. And they won all weekend - against the White Sox too just to add injury to insult.

Monday night we all went to a concert in Lincoln Park Zoo and saw Maroon 5. We pushed our way up to the front row and FREAKED out every time Adam Levine got near us. I am positive he was looking at me the whole time (not really but I can dream, can't I?)


No comments:

Post a Comment