Thursday, July 24, 2008

Piglet the Puppy is still missing

So for anyone out there that doesn't know my sad but true story...you may be able to help!
I got my first dog, Piglet for my birthday 2 years ago from Jason and I just fell in love.

Being that I couldn't go anywhere without my little guy I took him with us to New Jersey for Thanksgiving where we were spending the long weekend with my family.

Everything was great and I will never forget that entire evening of Piggie running around my Aunt Joan's house and playing with my little cousin, Adian and taking him out for a short walk in the rain. As we were leaving I got into a huge accident with a minivan. My car spun out of control, ran off the road and smashed into a tree head-on. After the airbags deployed and I came to I heard Jason yelling for Piglet. He had been sitting in Jason's lap with his harness and leash on and when Jason's head hit the window from the impact of the other car the window broke and Piglet either jumped out of fright or was thrown from the car.

We spent the next 3 days dredging through the swamps of the Jersey shore (Howell, NJ) knocking on doors, hanging flyers, putting them in every mailbox within a 3-mile radius of the accident intersection. I left food by where the accident had happened along with a sweatshirt of mine hoping he would come back if he smelled me.

Nothing.

Our friend, Brian who is a cop in PA brought his K-9 Dax and they scoured the area looking for my little guy, still nothing. Brian did say that it could be a good thing that they didn't find him because it could mean he was still alive.

I had local radio stations make announcements, I got an article written in the local paper offering a reward and came close a few times to finding him but it turned out to be a hoax from some people just wanting the reward money.

A girl did find a Pug wandering on the highway and through me and my Aunt Pat and an incredibly generous new friend, Judy who called me offering to help in any way after seeing the posters, we got the little guy a nice new home. But he wasn't Piglet.

It has now been almost 2 years since this happened. I have since then taken another Pug, Pugsley in and I love him dearly, probably a bit more than I should from the circumstances.

Piglet is still out there I am convinced. I heard a story from a shelter about a woman who found a dog in her backyard and gave it to a friend but the woman at the shelter didn't have names or numbers of either people. This might have been him.

I am going to keep looking - I received an email from a friend with a story of a girl who found her dog 5 years and hundreds of miles after losing him so my faith is renewed!

Here are some pictures of my little guy so keep an eye out - you never know how far he may have gotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment