Monday, May 4, 2009

Starbucks cares?

Now if you know anything about me at all you know I am a DIE HARD Dunkin Donuts fan. It is hard for me to go to Starbucks and give them my money. Now at work Starbucks is only 2 blocks away whereas DD is about 8 blocks so if I am feeling extra tired and lazy (usually they go hand in hand) I will force myself to walk to Starbucks and get some overpriced "coffee drink". But the other day one of my print rep friends called and offered to buy me some Starbucks and I can't say no to free overpriced drinks...but moving on to my story...
I noticed that they had a big pail of shiny bags and it turns out that they are recycling their coffee grounds and GIVING THEM AWAY FOR FREE. So I stocked up on 3 huge bags. Now you might be asking what I used the coffee grounds for and they are fantastic for gardens. So I hauled them to my car and you might not think that coffee grounds are that heavy but 3 HUGE ASS bags of them are really heavy! Thankfully Jared (my print rep friend) carried his 3 bags and my 3 bags to the door of my buidling. They were even nice enough to give us big shopping bags. So all in all my last trip to Starbucks wasn't too bad - free coffee and some free fertilizer.
Oh I have to add I didn't get a coffee I got a mocha something with soy milk...I can't really stand their coffee and can't do that to DD. It just wouldn't be right.

1 comment:

  1. At least you can place your order at Starbucks and not have to worry about the language barrier. Other than the fact that they always write "MATT" on my cup when I tell them "MAC". Your last name better be Patel if you're ordering from a D&D in my area.

    ReplyDelete