Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Books I'm reading

Yes you read correctly - I am currently reading 2 books. Well, technically 3 since I just can't seem to commit to Fast Food Nation. After reading the very graphic chapter on how they "kill" the cows and string them up by their feet while they're still technically alive was just disturbing on so many levels.
But on a happier note - I am reading Cold Moutain which was part of the basket that was given to Jason and I when we checked into our hotel for Christine's wedding, thanks Christine! I started reading it and was hooked! I think I tried to watch the movie a few months ago and thought it was too slow but the book is fantastic. I can't wait for the 2 main characters to get together, which you know is inevitable when you have a story that focuses on a female character one chapter, then the next is on the male character.
But while I was in New Jersey visiting mom and dad I brought the book with me and I forgot it so I had to pick another book to read before bed. So I went to the bookshelf and found The Last Tycoon by F. Scott Fitzgerald. Turns out that this was his last book and he passed away before finishing the story. It was completed by Edmund Wilson and is a story about Hollywood and is said to be one of his best novels. One of my favorite books of all time is the Great Gatsby so I will let you all know once I've finished it. It's not a very long book but definitely interesting. I might finish it before Cold Mountain since it is a LOT shorter than Cold Moutain.

No comments:

Post a Comment